If you've never had Vietnamese Iced Coffee, you've got to try it! Vietnamese coffee is characterized by its very bitter dark roast qualities, countered with the addition of super sweet condensed milk, and served over ice. The traditional way to make it is with a special press, which is about 8 oz. in size. If you don't have time for slow drip coffee in the morning, here's a shortcut that'll have you awake in no time:
- 1 Reusable K-cup with Cafe Du Monde or Trung Nguyen coffee grounds
- 1-3 teaspoons condensed milk, depending on taste
- Ice in a different glass
- Fill Reusable K-cup filter pod with coffee grounds and brew.
- While waiting for the coffee to brew, add condensed milk to the coffee mug. If you enjoy bitter coffee, add 1 teaspoon. If you prefer sweeter, 2-3 teaspoons.
- Pour brew into glass with ice and serve.