One of our favorite beverages at iPartsPlusMore are chai lattes, which contain spiced black tea and milk. We’ve recently discovered another variation of this drink called chai coffee, which combines all the goodness of chai tea, coffee, and milk! Mind blown.
Most people make this blend in bulk, combining coffee grinds with a Chai-inspired spice blend. However, we think that part of the fun of using refillable k-cup pods is that you can customize your cup on the daily if you feel like it. For special days when you’re feeling up for something other than your normal blend, this chai coffee recipe is the perfect treat. You can also change this recipe by brewing using tea leaves instead of coffee grounds.
Use your favorite spice blend or grind up your own. If you’re making your own, we recommend a combination of cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, star anise, cocoa, and cardamom. The best type of coffee to use is a medium-roasted blend rather than single-origin. If you’re using tea, choose your favorite loose-leaf black tea.
Because we love this combination so much, we wanted to share this with you so you can enjoy it wherever you are! Here’s a foolproof recipe that you can easily create with your single-serve keurig and smart refillable k-cup pod at home.
- Spice blend of your choice (or plain old cinnamon works just fine)
- Coffee grounds
- Filtered water
- Milk (optional)
- Sugar (optional)
- Tea leaves (optional)
- Grind spice blend of choice.
- Tip: Make this in excess and keep the extra in an airtight container for a quick fix in the morning
- Spoon coffee blend (or tea leaves) into the reusable k-cup pod until mostly filled
- Add 2 tsp. of spice blend to the top of the coffee or tea leaves
- Close the pod, place into the Keurig machine, and brew
- Add milk and sugar to taste